Virbac Epiotic Ear Cleanser SIS for Dogs 125ml
eyEPIOTIC® ear cleaner for dogs and cats
EPIOTIC® antimicrobial ear cleanser contains actives which deal with a number of problems associated with ears as well as being an ideal ear maintenance product.
WHAT IS EPIOTIC®?
- Alcohol-free, non-irritant ear cleanser.
- Safe: can be used regularly.
- Ideal for dogs that swim.
- Can be used on ears and also skin lesions.
- Easy to use.
Dogs and cats requiring ear cleansing or needing a solution for problem ears.
WHY CHOOSE EPIOTIC?
Aids in the treatment of otitis externa - EPIOTIC is a valuable therapeutic option. It has an ideal pH~2.5, creating a hostile environment for bacteria and yeast.
Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity - EPIOTIC contains 4 broad-spectrum antimicrobials, treating and protecting against a broad range of infections. The actives are anti-bacterial, keratin modifying, cerumenolytic, anti-pruritic and moisturising. It has proven in vitro and in vivo efficacy against the major ear pathogens including Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Proteus spp and Malassezia pachydermatis.
Useful cleaning and preventative agent - Removes cerumen, pus and debris from the ear canal and has a drying agent to remove excess moisture (contains docusate sodium and lactic acid). Helps leave the ears in optimum condition.
Superior coverage and adhesion - Contains a filming agent.
- Lactic acid 25 mg/L
- Salicylic acid 1.1 mg/L
Also contains docusate sodium, propylene glycol and chloroxylenol (parachlorometaxylenol-PCMX).
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Hold the ear flap and lift it into a vertical position.
- Aim tip of bottle into the ear canal and squeeze the bottle to apply solution liberally, enabling a flushing action.
- Without letting go of the ear flap, gently massage the base of the ear, downward and inward in order to disperse EPIOTIC throughout the ear canal for 1 minute. Then allow the pet to shake its head.
- Remove the excess fluid and debris with a ball of cotton wool or tissue and also clean the inside of the ear flap.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 until the excess fluid no longer looks dirty.